May 14, 2008

ISCA Leaders' Retreat

Since finals was over last Wednesday, I felt so much more relieved [i guess?] that there is no more datelines, no more assignments, no more cramming in the library at night, no more deprived of entertainment..but it was not exactly that..lol..I had to pack all my stuff to get ready to move out of my dorm room..it was frustrating, overwhelming and tiring! I packed for 3 1/2 days, with help from my friend..finally, I moves out of Yocum Hall on Sunday afternoon. Mind you, I have yet to unpack all my stuff for several reasons.

On Sunday, after moving all my stuff to Candy's room, I had to quickily shower and head over to ISCA house for my ISCA Leaders' Retreat. So, everything was pretty chaotic for me, very tiring too. At 4.30pm, we headed out to Westfork [ i think that's where] for out retreat. It was Clark, Kevin, Megan, Hugh, Michael, Cendrina and I..We stayed at a family's house out from the city. It was a big house, with games room, 2 kitchen, several bedrooms and music instruments..They had 6kids, and a doggie..it was a really nice place to be in! I really like it there! we spent a whole 24hrs together, getting to know each other better as a team..spending quality time together as a team and also, learning about God in the beautiful nature..here are several pics i took!


The geese that were not afraid/intimidated of Hugh

Megan and I when we went on the trail on the ATV! It was fun fun fun! I'd never been on an ATV till that day and it was awesome!
The lake by the trail
The pond outside the house
***
All said and done, that retreat was awesome even though I crashed at 10pm that Sunday night. I learnt a lot and enjoyed myself a lot..I also learned that it might be peaceful to be out from the crowd, the city..even though I miss the city a lot!

Till then, summer is here and I am just bumming around..so, ppl, drop me a msg once in a while ok? miss y'all!

xoxo

No comments: