April 27, 2007

Speaking up!

For those who'd read my blog, I'd been in Stamford for about 2-3 weeks now. It's a totally different environment, not to mention having a totally different species of people to mix in class..The lecturers didn't like me in the first place when I told them I would only be joining for 3 months and that I'm from a pure science education background. They treat me as if I'm really dumb and retarded..they way they talk and make fun of me is well..let's say..immature! But after my first week of class, I'd gained some respect from my econs, marketing and accounting teacher. So, that's not a bad start.

However, what frustrate me is my management lecturer. Yesterday, all of us were suppose to present how to develop the competencies to succeed as a manager. I did my part, done my speech, got my dad to look at it to make sure i was on track, and presented it without reference! Mr David wouldn't look at me during my presentation. He was suprised at first when i started my speech, then he kept looking down at his record book, the class were staring at me with surprise and blurness.. After my presentation, my dear fren said it was very detailed and too specific and clear! And all mr david manage to say was "very well prepared" ? Anyway, after all presented, a classmate (guy) proudly concluded for each of us that A** did the best job and was very specific with her work and examples.. Ok, let me explain this, A** didn't do her work. She scribbled a few things on a rough piece of paper, talked out of topic and babbled somethings....all accomplished without a single example! This doesn't make sense until I realised that he was trying to court A** .. *sigh*immatureness!* Then, as usual, mr david said we went out of topic and he explained the things we should have written. Then Guess what happens?!? He took my paper, and took points out of it, change the words and gave it as if it was his own idea. He just wouldn't admit I was good! *LOL* I was smug when I saw his reaction during my presentation. =p

Anyway, Dear guy-trying-to-please-A** went overboard again during accountings. I don't know how the class ended up talking about fruits but here's what happen..

MR S: So, you don't peel your fruits?
Me : Nope, it's usually served readily cut. My parents are really nice!
MR S: Your parents really love you.
Guy : Sherrie would NEVER survive in a jungle or anywhere hard!
Me: Excuse me! I went to NS, I'd been through lots of stuff..I'd jungle tracked, camped and done more than you did in your life!
Guy : But NS is not jungle!
Me : Oh ya?!? I'd stayed on top of a hill, without proper supply of water and food! No medical help. Nothing! I'd camped and done stuff..
Guy : ...

Well, he was overboard! He was trying to get A**'s attention throughout because MR S asked me question when A** was talking. After I raised my voice a little, the whole class was shocked and quiet. Finally, class continues. WITHOUT disturbance for the day! hahaha..

sorry, Sherrie is no longer that timid little girl..I'd grown out of it and I'm not afraid to speak my mind out! And I actually LOVE it! =p

No comments: