July 26, 2008

Upward Bound: end



Upward Bound is finally over! 6 weeks spent with 130 kids was initially hard and unbearable due to certain stress. As time passes by, 6 weeks seemed to come and go just like that. I got to learn everyone's name and talked to everyone..even got to really know some of them. No gonna deny, high school seem to have a lot of drama which i'm happy to be out of it, but there are just really great kids in UB and I am gonna miss them. As I watch them pack and get ready to go home yesterday, it wasn't easy. I am gonna miss them..most of them at least. Awards ceremony was alright but then later, the departure of the kids were an emotional one for most people. Hugs were passed around..me getting picked up by the kids once or twice was normal.. =p Prom was awesome. I got to dress up and the kids put some make up on me..i thought it was a torture..haha..sorry, emilee..the mascara was getting on my nerve since i'm not use to it..but then again, I got to dance all night with the boys and look pretty! =) [Thanks megan for finding me the dress.] Floor party was alright and Branson was fun! Overall, I had tons of fun. This summer has been great and it would never been the same if I never applied to be an Upward Bound mentor..I hope I'll get to come back again another summer..The slide show sums up all our fun and laughters... =)

No comments: