August 4, 2008

One year have come and gone

One year ago, during this very day, I was busy checking my documents and passport, my luggages, making sure that I have everything I need and want..then I will be online trying to confirm my housing and all those stuff..I was getting ready to board the plane and leave my family behind and try to achieve my dreams. Getting on the plane was not easy. Family and friends were all there to see me off and I was really grateful for it. I was nervous and excited..As I boarded the plane in KL to Singapore, I met an old school friend who was the air stewardess..she gave me some food and drinks for my overnight stay at the airport before heading off to HK-Chicago-Fayetteville..everything happened really quick. I had an experience I will never forget with the BO guy sitting next to me for almost 24hrs..pengsan..haha..The first family I met was the McCords. I am truly grateful for them. They have made my transition really smooth. They helped me move in, get through my first semester, Christmas and other stuff..and not forgetting, Suzannah always[ and I mean ALWAYS] check up on me to see how things were going and she would take me out and meet people.. =) Her family had been like my family over here..and it's a blessing and I could never ask for more..

Ironically, I spent my first few days in the States with the McCords, I ended my first year period with them too. I spent last weekend with them. We went to Branson, MO- Silver Dollar City and we had lots of fun! I cooked curry chicken and "tua cang neng" [onion omelette?] for them and I got to see Dave and Allison and the kids too.. Lauren is so big now..she is so adorable.. =) Jackson is so sweet and funny..although I still have a hard time understanding him..haha..but overall, I would not change a thing that have happened this entire year I'd been away.I would never give up anything for the entire experience I have so far.. The dramas, the people I met and the places I'd been..everything helped me know myself better and grown into a better person [i hope la..] =)

No comments: