July 23, 2010

UB: Week 6..Final Week


This is our final week in Upward Bound 2010..6 weeks of drama and fun are about to come to an end. I'm relieved, yet a little sad. I'm going to miss these kids..spending 6 weeks with them, ALL day and night is tiring and fun..sometimes dramatic. But I'm glad it's going to be over, so I can spend time with my family and friends.

This week was eventful: first off, PROM!
Theme: Mardi Gras..
Venue: Uncle Gaylord's..(weird name? lol)
It was fun, dressing up and dancing like a puppet..those who know me know I can't really dance..so the kids had me like puppets..hahaha..esp Yuki..

(P.S. It's not alcohol..)


Second event: Memphis, TN trip

We spent 2 days 1 night there. It was a long 6 hours bus ride, uncomfortable one too. I had the noisy bunch sitting right behind me..i tried to sleep but was too uncomfortable. We had lots of authentic southern food (heaty food..sheryl's fav..all deep fried), visited Arkansas State University and then went to Southern Folklore for dinner and blues music..it was fun and entertaining. Food was not bad actually..

The next day, we walked to hard rock cafe for lunch..found a strand of hair in my plate which the waitress said it was cheese! drinks tasted weird, according to my table of girls..had a campus tour of University of Memphis which wasn't that great. We walked under the heat and did not even see the inside of the buildings. Later we visited the Civil Rights Museum which was educational and then had fried chicken for dinner..yes, more fried stuff *so heaty* ..then we boarded a sightseeing cruise on the Mississippi River..the river had a stench and it looked murky..it was horrible..but overall, it was relaxing and fun..I liked the breeze. Since most of the kids were busy partying and dancing in the cabin, the outdoors of the boat was relaxing..i liked it. But because of the long day and sweat and hot sun, i had heat rash and some type of allergy.. @.@ After all these, we started our journey back to Fayetteville. We got back at 3am! I'm so tired..and had to checked a girl out at 7am..which meant, after shower and all that stuff, I only had 4 hours of sleep all day today.. =(









Oh, the kids leave tomorrow! =)

No comments: