July 4, 2010

Summer fun...week3

This week was fun with the kids..I think most mentors were worn out by this week. By Thursday, everyone was grumpy and tired, including me. Everyday is a routine. Hugs are getting more frequent, squeezes? Yes..those too..My nicknames are getting longer, including "sparkly" because I have a sparkling personality? lol..We had dinner on Dickson last Tuesday too. My family were planning to got o Kosmos with Anthony's family. Somehow, that place was mysteriously closed? haha..so we went to Feltner's Brothers. A burger place. Not too cheap, but not too expensive either. After that, we went to Orange Mango. Made my own ice cream with full of chocolates..not too bad. Somehow, I prefer Braum's ice cream..cheap and it comes with waffle cones! =D Since dinner and dessert ended pretty early, Anthony and I took our families on a long and exhausting campus tour..we went into at least 6 buildings, exploring each floors and rooms possible. You can imagine how tired my legs are after that fun, insight tour we had. Oh, and Thursday, we went to skate! Yes, I did try to skate. The mentors were going for the 80's look, so Jessica lent me a bright neon orange shirt and Chandra applied some extremely bright neon apple green eye shadows for me, which pretty much made me "eye-catching"..As for skating, having 2 girls holding my hands and going round in circles was definitely fun..but I wish my balance was better so I could have enjoyed it more. The feeling when skating reminded me of skiing in SD..maybe one day, I can try again.. =) Theme dance is next week. I think I can pull off the Sailormoon costume..we'll see about that one.

Today, I went to Beaver Lake for sightseeing..or at least attempted to. GPS has no clue where it was either..sigh..later this evening, we went to ISCA for some delicious homemade ice-cream..Sheryl put so much chocolate toppings on hers that I can feel a sore throat coming soon...After dessert, everyone headed down to Dickson Street for July 4th fireworks! We managed to get a pretty good spot at the Bikes, Babes and Bling (BBB) site. Apart from cigarettes and smokes, it was pretty good. I really enjoyed the sight. Pictures should be up later on, on FB...when I remember...

No comments: