December 24, 2009

SKIING ♥ Winter Break Part 2

Terry Peak, Black Hills, SD ----SKIING!!! ♥

This was definitely the best part of the trip so far..hehe..I was so excited that I did not feel the cold wind..hehe. Anyways, we rented boots, poles and skis..after that, it was time to try to get everything together and move around the snow..haha..Sheryl and Peter decided that it was too cold and too dangerous to try it out, so it was just Johnny and I..luckily for me, Johnny knows how to ski, so I get to save the beginner's lesson fee..hehe..Skiing is not as easy as it seems on tv! I was fooled by the media. The boots were so heavy that it hurt my ankles. It weighted more than my feet, it was so heavy that I started to lose the senses in my feet. I could not feel a thing! It was just horrible that I started to panic a little because I couldn't control my feet! After getting them into the skis, another problem occurs--I have used up all my energy in carrying my boots around on my feet that I had no more energy to push down the locks on my skis. I used my entire body weight to lock one ski and it wasn't enough..maybe I needed kids skis? haha..just a thought. After a couple of times, trying hard to get my feet to work, I managed to move around in my skis..ok, maybe it's not much coz' I didn't do the slopes, but hey! I skied around for a bit..but once I started to really get the hang of it (turning, stopping, putting the skis on by myself with no help from others), we had to leave..there was a snow storm scheduled to come into town! haha..so, I said goodbye to the skis (I think that made Sheryl and Peter happy though, leaving) but I really really wanted to try the slopes..at least a little..sigh..oh well, maybe another winter? Oh, I forgot to mention, there were so many professional skiers and snowboarders..very "yao yeng"..haha..just thought I mention it a bit..hehe..
***
Here are some pictures:

the lifts, which I didn't buy tickets for..

getting ready for another try

here I come
yay~~ One more time!

No comments: