December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
I'm currently at Siloam Springs, AR with Suzannah and her family. It Christmas eve today, and I'm really excited about Christmas this year. First Christmas abroad. was hoping it would snow, but chances are just not gonna happen. It snowed a little yesterday night though.
I came to Suzannah's on Saturday evening. We had Mexican food for dinner at a restaurant nearby. The waitress proposed I had some shrimp [...ala diabla] or something like that. It was suppose to be really spicy, so I ordered it. But it wasn't spicy to me! man, it was kinda like a disappointment. Then, I had some pickled jalapenos and it wasn't spicy at all..so, the waitress was kinda frustrated that I didn't find it spicy, she went to get me some raw jalapenos and grilled jalapenos..those were good to chew on! people, you should really try those. It's like eating raw 'bird's eye' chili padi..and since the weather was so cold, it felt really really good! When we came back to the house, Maggie followed me around and sniffed..whenever I stood still, she would roll over, trying to get me to rub her belly. She did it 4 times in a roll! haha..she was persistant..she's still doing it today. lol.
***
I had dinner at Dave and Allison's tonight. Gotta play a little with Jackson and Lauren. Lauren is so sweet. She's almost 1yr old..she's really adorable and cheerful. She tried to share some of her cheese she was eating with me, by putting it on my cheek instead of mouth. Oh, and we had really good food! Allison is a good cook..and they were really nice family. Not to mention, really pretty house. Later, we watched Rush Hour 3 which was nice on their new tv. Oh, before that, in the afternoon, Suzannah and I went to Sonic for a drink after our trip to Walmart. I had Strawberry Cream Cheese Smoothie? something like that which was just awesome! then, her neighbour brought me Harry Potter 1 today and I'm almost done with it in just about 2 hour or so..Then, our plan was to meet Blair in Fayetteville for a movie. We were planning to watch 'P.S. I LOVE YOU.' but we were running a little late. So, Suzannah sped on the highway, going 83 on a 65..we were pulled over and she got a ticket. She was so upset about it, and worried of what her dad might say. It was our first time getting pulled over. She then turned back instead of going to Fayetteville for movie since we were already late and she wasn't in the mood for it anymore. So, that's when I came back and started reading before heading out for dinner.
***
So, my trip so far in Siloam is not all pleasant. I mean, getting a ticket is nothing compared to what I'm about to say..Liz's [Suzannah's sister] wedding got called off today. Suzannah told me that Derek called Liz to tell her that he wasn't sure if he loved her enough to marry her and that he was pressured into this marriage. He wanted to think about it. Imagine telling it to a girl 2 weeks before the big day! It was cruel. He said he wanted to go talk to the preacher that night, but Suzannah and her bro and Liz met him at the theatre instead. Penipu. And Liz went over that Saturday to see what he decides. She wanted to marry him badly coz' she really loved him. They were getting on really well..with their house bought, things planned, honeymoon paid etc, it was devastating to her! Today, he called her to tell her he wanted out! It really upset everyone! Liz is feeling really bad right now, but she's hiding it. But you can always tell by their eyes..I know I should stay out of this, and I'm really trying to. I did not give any comments and I stayed off topic, pretending to know nothing. But, I don't understand how can a guy treat a girl like that? calling off the wedding 2 weeks before the big day? telling her he had doubts even before he proposed? I mean, you shouldn't even proposed if you have doubts. Why plan all these and get everyone so excited when you have doubts of your own feelings. It makes all no sense. I feel horrible for Suzannah and her family. It's hard for them to have this problem and yet pretend nothing is wrong in front of me, since I'm a guest here. That guy is a jerk! it's really his lost..I feel that Liz deserves better but I can tell that she really liked him.
***
Oh well, I guess life is just like that huh? I'm not sure how merry this christmas is going to be, and I will be finding out in a couple of hours. I'll update when I get back to Fayetteville on Wednesday!

No comments: