October 23, 2012

Thank God for Animal Rights

It's been a while since I last blogged. This summer has been a crazy one! I've also seen so many people treating dogs like trash, kicking them to the curb, feeling like they are just burdensome. If so, why did they get a dog in the first place? Why make that poor puppy's soul so miserable when it was your decision to bring it into your life? your family's life? It was YOUR decision! urgh!


Today, a classmate told me that a friend of his wanted to surprise his girlfriend in Arizona with a puppy. He asked me where to get one and they want a labrador because it's so cute! I really couldn't agree more that Lab puppies are the cutest thing in the world..but that was the one and only reason he wants a Lab puppy. When I asked them about their plan for the puppy, he said they were planning to buy one online and get it wrapped up in a parcel and shipped to Arizona to be left at her doorstep! What?!? In this cold winter weather? With no preparation? What about all the vaccinations and training? They didn't even think about any of these questions, they wanted a new puppy that comes fully trained and fully vaccinated. sigh..I really don't know what else to say. It made me so mad, so angry, so agitated! These puppies are not gifts, they are part of a family, a 4-legged child if you may..

I once met a girl who had a 8 week old Beagle puppy, which her boyfriend bought as a gift as well.. less than a month later, the puppy had a broken leg, was not potty trained or trained in any way. A couple weeks later (quite literally), they broke up and the puppy? Guess where it ended up? The shelter! An innocent, people pleasing, pure bred Beagle ended up homeless because the couple broke up, because it wasn't a rational decision to adopt the puppy, because it was irresponsible and stupid! Her defense was "It's just an animal, it has no feelings. It's lucky I did not eat it or throw it out on the street.."

Then a friend's family told me to throw my dog out to the street because it is a stupid decision for me to raise my puppy. They told me to throw it out on the street or give it to them to cook?!?!?!?! I almost slap them! I took my puppy and left that horrible place and swore never to return! No one can tell me how to raise my puppy, what I am doing right/wrong, what to do with it, what more to harm it! He's a precious member of my family! He's perfect!

Urgh....these Chinese people I met are just horrible when it comes to pets! They claim they love pets but yet act differently..Yes, all those I met throughout the summer and now are ALL from the same great country of China..I understand people eat dogs in China, but this is the USA! There are animal rights (Thank God!)!

No comments: