March 27, 2011

♫ I ♥ cooking/baking ♫

Spring break has come and gone.
I haven't accomplish as much as I would like to, or maybe I overestimated myself?
I worked on 25% of my econometrics hw (due Apr 30 since it hasn't been covered in class), started the book review, BBQ, found a new thing to learn, baked/ cooked, hung out with friends from in/out of state.. Recently, I have been craving so many Malaysian food. All thanks to my friends in Malaysia and the one in London who keeps posting Msian food (haha..this is credited to you, Sam!), I went online to search for the some Malaysian recipes that could be possible to make here in the States. Well, Fayetteville to be exact since ingredients are hard to come by in such a small, and angmoh populated town. So far, I've made Portuguese Egg Tart, Chu Yao Cha, Hokkien Mee and yesterday, I made Siew Yuk! hahahaha....I'll post the pic of siew yuk when I eat it la, right now, it's frozen in my freezer! I think I'm starting to fall in love with cooking/baking (not the clean up part). With the constant cravings and tight budget, I honestly am getting pretty good at this skill. Oh well, basically, I ♥ food..hahahaha

I have couple more recipes in mind that I wanna try, but those might have to wait till summer. Anyways, this spring break has been the most relaxing one I had in 4 years! And with someone to always help me with my chores around here and to drive me around town whenever and wherever I want, I can't really complain.. ☺ well, I could, but it would be chore/transportation unrelated..haha..being rejected constantly has taken a toll on me recently and the waiting period is excruciating. Jobs are hard to come by. I really really really really pray that Northeastern, UTSA and CCNY will accept my application soon.

Anyway, here are pics of my egg tarts! They're delicious!!! yum~~~~
*drool*



No comments: