February 27, 2011

One of the best CNY abroad

Like everyone back in Malaysia, I had a great CNY dinner.One of the best CNY I'd ever have abroad.. after 4 years, finally a Malaysian style CNY gathering dinner...there were 22-23 of us, with only 5 non-Malaysians.

Starting off the evening was yee sang prepared by Lili and then steamboat! I helped made the meatballs! hehe...I arrived early that day to help entertain lil' Jon Jon and to make meat balls..hehe..funny of Jon Jon to be so entertained by me all the time. Apparently, he's quiet and well behaved when he sees me, so he's happy to see me. Guess all babies like me? haha..anyways, it was great to meet all the Malaysians and have a great time together. Chatting, catching up with each other, watching their kids grow..it feels funny to be one of the youngest among them, and not being someone else's kid there..the youngest adults..felt strange for once, but fun..

Here are the pics:





Poor Dash was banished to the yard..no space for the big Dash


Preparing for yee sang~

Everyone getting ready to "lou sang"


Eating
They were trying to make me feel guilty for having to leave a pot "mushroom-less"..haha..

No comments: